IPod was apples cool way of letting us listen to music where we are and whatever time we want. Thanks to these portable devices, we can store all our favorite music in storage spaces ranging from 4 GB, 8 GB, 16 GB up to 32 GB.
In our lifetime of iPod usage, we may experience some minor and major problems which prompt us to try some DIY tricks on it or look for suitable repair solutions online. Either way, it is always good to carry out iPod repair professionally to prevent any further damages to the device. Some of the common problems you may witness with your iPod repair are;
- Headphone jack problems
- Your iPod Touch screen hanging once in a while
- Broken screen
- Audio sound not coming out from the earphones
- Low battery power
- Some videos and music not playing on the iPod
Headphone Jack problems
The iPod is one of the best music devices you can have to harbor all your MP3s, MP4s, WAV songs and so on. On the other hand, it’s the most delicate device you will ever come across; you only need to drop your iPod touch just once and it becomes useless. So every detail of your iPod must be treated with care, even the headphone jack. You are advised to be delicate each time you insert your earphones or headphones to avoid damaging the soldering on the jack or distort its shape.
A damaged jack will hold the headphones loosely and doesn’t transmit sound to one of the audio channels. If your jack holds loosely, you can try pressing the hack C shape together to enhance a tighter grip; but be careful not to damage the components around. If it’s a case of the soldering wearing off, then you will have to contact apple to have it fixed for you.
The iPod screen or firmware hanging frequently
Remember your iPod functions as a USB device just like a flash drive. So it may pick some viruses when you insert into a non-scanned computer. The virus may be the subject of the hang and may be corrupting your iPod files as well. In such a situation you will need to scan the iPod with the latest and strong anti-virus protection to get rid of the malware and virus.
On the other hand part of repairing an iPod will require you to reboot it. It’s a technological device like any other so it’s not 100% efficient. Since there is no reboot button present or the touch interface fails to work during a hang, just leave the device on until it runs out of power. After charging it the iPod will automatically come back to life.
Thirdly, when your iPod hangs it could mean that the firmware is out of date and needs upgrading. For an iPod touch with Wi-Fi connection, you can upgrade the firmware via apple store. For the iPod mini, iPod Nano, iPod shuffle and the original version tethering to an internet enabled computer will be necessary. You can use the apple store to directly upgrade your software.
Audio problems with the headphones
Sometimes sound may not come out of your headphones when you play your music. On such occasions you may use other headphones and check if the problem is fixed. If not, then there may be some internal problem with the iPod which you need to have checked by the apple store.
Apple usually offer a one year warranty on iPod devices; if you experience the internal audio problems within the first year warranted, and then you can have it fixed for free. However any problem past the warranted year will require some financial parting which may be around $125 depending on the level of delicacy of the repair.
Low Battery power
Consider having your battery changed to continue enjoying the benefits of your iPod. Leaving your iPod on also contributes to power loss so is playing the iPod with the power button on. A good way to save on power is by selecting the songs you want to play then switch the power button to stand by which will prevent power loss.
It is also good to know that videos often take too much power, so it may be a good idea to have most of your songs in audio format.
The best way to avoid a broken screen on your iPod is to avoid dropping it in the first place. Consider investing in a Carbon Jacket cover for iPod devices. It has the right shock absorbing qualities to keep your audio device safe from any drop. However a broken screen may be inevitable so the apple store is the only place you can get good screen repair services. Alternatively, you can search for iPod accessory dealers on the internet to get your screen fixed.
If the iPod problem is a minor one, then some DIY skills will be handy in getting the audio gadget back to life. However leave the major problems to a trained technician to avoid further complications.
- How to tell real iPhone and Samsung glass from the fakes
- Top Repair Tools for iPhone
- Sony Xperia Neo L: A cool weigh to enter the droid world
- Samsung galaxy S3: A true inspiration by nature to serve humans
- COMPLETE COMPUTER REPAIR
- Cell Phone Repair 30MIN!!!
- Thrustmaster F1 Ferrari Wireless PC Gamepad
- Repairing Tools for Video Games
- VIDEO GAME REPAIR SHOP LA ==== > PS3 Xbox 360 PsP Wii Ds!
- The LG Optimus 4X HD versus the heavy hitters in the droid arena
- How to unlock your iPhone to customize it…
- Ipod repair-How to repair your iPod
- iPad Repair – How to repair your damaged iPad
- DIY Cell Phone Repairing
- Computer Repairing Kit Must Haves
- Video Game Repair Tips
- The iPad tops tablet customer satisfaction ratings, but the Kindle Fire isn't …
- New iPhone 5 release date, news and features | News | TechRadar
- Video Game Repair Services at Your Beck And Call
- Tablet Repair Services
- Wish you had a better laptop? New tech developments can help you persuade …
- iPhone 5 Repair – Intrepid Computers
- Tablet Repair – Dealing With Common Tablet Problems
- Why You Shouldn't Buy Apple's New iPhone 5
- Apple iPad to be Used by American Airlines Pilots
- Iphone Repair Tips
- Iphone repair Services
- Computer Repair Tips
- online computer repair – Football Outsiders
- Florida Cell Phone Repair Training Center | LinkedIn
- Computer repair – Problems and Solutions
- Cell Phone Repair Services
- Motorola Droid Razr M (Verizon Wireless)
- VIDEO GAME REPAIR CENTER
- Cell Phone Repair – Useful Info