The worst thing to happen to an iPhone user is to spend a great deal of money on a wonderful gadget that they cannot live without and then have it break. With the entire control over of the phone on the touchscreen, it can be a real problem when the screen breaks. The question becomes, what can you do about it?
The good news is there are some options available. The bad news is that they are not all cheap. The screen of the iPhone is tough and made to last, but it cannot withstand everything. The first option is to go to Apple for your iPhone repair. If you are in the one year, manufacturer’s warranty, you may be in luck. If not, it is going to cost a service fee. Those are $199 for a four gigabyte and $249 for an eight gigabyte iPhone. Even then, Apple may not be able to repair a touchscreen. If it breaks due to normal wear, they often can supply options to you.
Another choice is to repair the iPhone yourself. This can be tricky. The iPhone is a complicated little device and it will certainly void the warranty to repair it yourself, but it can be done. The tools and repair iPhone parts run about $150 to $200. There are several third party companies out there that will repair the iPhone for a fee. There are also many tutorial videos out there on how to replace the iPhone touchscreen yourself.
A third choice is to make sure that you have insurance prior to any problems with the iPhone occurring. This obviously requires foresight that may now not be an option, but if it is, consider insurance to help pay for repair or replacement of your iPhone should something happen to it. Insurance can get difficult as many phone companies are not inclined to insure them as they are likely to get broken at some point or another, but credit card companies may offer insurance options for iPhones. It is worth looking into that option before something happens and it is a costly repair.
Our phones are becoming out lifelines and since so much of the technology and functionality is wrapped up in the touchscreen, it is important to have options should you need to repair the iPhone or the touchscreen. A little planning can save a lot of money later on.
- How to tell real iPhone and Samsung glass from the fakes
- Top Repair Tools for iPhone
- Sony Xperia Neo L: A cool weigh to enter the droid world
- Samsung galaxy S3: A true inspiration by nature to serve humans
- COMPLETE COMPUTER REPAIR
- Cell Phone Repair 30MIN!!!
- Thrustmaster F1 Ferrari Wireless PC Gamepad
- Repairing Tools for Video Games
- VIDEO GAME REPAIR SHOP LA ==== > PS3 Xbox 360 PsP Wii Ds!
- The LG Optimus 4X HD versus the heavy hitters in the droid arena
- How to unlock your iPhone to customize it…
- Ipod repair-How to repair your iPod
- iPad Repair – How to repair your damaged iPad
- DIY Cell Phone Repairing
- Computer Repairing Kit Must Haves
- Video Game Repair Tips
- The iPad tops tablet customer satisfaction ratings, but the Kindle Fire isn't …
- New iPhone 5 release date, news and features | News | TechRadar
- Video Game Repair Services at Your Beck And Call
- Tablet Repair Services
- Wish you had a better laptop? New tech developments can help you persuade …
- iPhone 5 Repair – Intrepid Computers
- Tablet Repair – Dealing With Common Tablet Problems
- Why You Shouldn't Buy Apple's New iPhone 5
- Apple iPad to be Used by American Airlines Pilots
- Iphone Repair Tips
- Iphone repair Services
- Computer Repair Tips
- online computer repair – Football Outsiders
- Florida Cell Phone Repair Training Center | LinkedIn
- Computer repair – Problems and Solutions
- Cell Phone Repair Services
- Motorola Droid Razr M (Verizon Wireless)
- VIDEO GAME REPAIR CENTER
- Cell Phone Repair – Useful Info